Associate Marketing Manager
Join our team!
NanoTemper has a big mission — to enable researchers to do science that matters by always pushing the limits. We’ve been around since 2008, developing, producing and selling cutting-edge instruments for protein analysis. Biotech and pharmaceutical companies like Novartis, Sanofi, GSK, and Roche as well as leading research institutions around the world are our biggest fans. NanoTemper’s headquarters are based in Munich, Germany with subsidiaries around the world.
The marketing team is focused on building a global brand that we are all proud of and ultimately driving awareness and consideration for our company and products. We’re about being different from other companies in our space, always trying new approaches, and constantly evaluating whether we’re making an impact that truly engages and excites the scientific community.
Associate Marketing Manager – US Based
Are you looking to enter into marketing? Are you a creative thinker, who draws inspiration from many different sources of content, social media channels, and brands? Do you enjoy writing? Are you not afraid to quickly learn new technologies and analyze their data? If so, join our global marketing team at NanoTemper.
As the associate marketing manager, you will play an important role in driving interest in our company and products. You’ll help generate content that drives brand visibility. You’ll also own content distribution through our website and social media, two channels that reach our largest audience.
The marketing team is based out of the South San Francisco office while supporting a global sales team. You do not have to be based in the San Francisco Bay Area; however, you should be available to travel to the office for training and quarterly meetings (or more frequently as needed).
Your responsibilities include
- Edit content from team members to ensure it follows company’s style guide and writing best practices
- Pitch and create content to generate brand awareness, such as company news blogs and long-form eBooks; work with writers to help execute
- Manage overall content experience on Uberflip, the content platform for NanoTemper’s resource center; find ways to increase content consumption and conversions, and provide guidance and best practices to all internal users
- Manage social media channels; increase brand visibility, engagement with content, and followers
- Manage paid social campaigns by testing and optimizing ads; stay up-to-date on the latest paid social features and strategies to get the most ROI from campaigns
- Work cross-functionally with members of the marketing team to define and develop campaigns based on larger marketing initiatives
- Analyze and report on performance of your marketing activities and campaigns; identify areas to improve reach, conversions, and return on investment
- Bring new ideas and use innovative concepts to deliver creative marketing programs
We are looking for someone who
- Has strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Has strong problem-solving skills — especially with technology
- Has great writing and editing skills; can look at copy to suggest edits that improve impact and persuasiveness
- Draws personal and professional inspiration from many areas, brands, and industries
- Can work independently (while still being part of a very fast-paced team)
- Is not afraid to bring your own ideas, creativity, and perspective to the table
- Knows how to be resourceful and not afraid to ask for help from others when needed
- Knows or has desire to learn Uberflip, paid social, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and basic HTML
- Has B.A. or B.S. (life science background not required)
Send your cover letter and resume to
Date Posted: 2021.05.05