Field Application Specialist
Join our team!
At NanoTemper, we have a big mission — to enable researchers to do the best science of their lives. We’ve been around since 2008, developing, producing and selling cutting-edge instruments for protein analysis. Biotech and pharmaceutical companies like Boehringer Ingelheim, Novartis, Sanofi, GSK and Roche as well as leading research institutions around the world are our biggest fans.
Field Application Specialist – Cambridge, MA
We’re looking for a creative problem-solver and tech-lover who’s excited to take on a Field Applications Specialist role in the Cambridge MA area. Do you consider yourself a scientist who loves to share your knowledge? Do you love the challenge of figuring out how you can best help someone accelerate their research? Do you enjoy giving advice to people?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to all of these questions, you’d really enjoy working on the Field Applications Team at NanoTemper Technologies.
As part of the team, you will play an important role in educating scientists and driving interest for our products in the Cambridge MA areas. You’ll be partnered with a Sales Representative, and as a team, you’ll coordinate efforts in managing prospects and customers. You’ll also get a chance to inspire your teammates by sharing your knowledge and expertise, and be inspired by your colleague’s success stories.
Your responsibilities include
- Understanding customer needs and giving personalized product/scientific presentations to elicit interest in NanoTemper’s products
- Leading product demonstrations to show prospects the power and utility of NanoTemper’s products for their research
- Following up with demo results to show Proof of Concept (POC) studies with customers
- Installing instruments at customer sites
- Serving as an advisor by providing personalized training that fits the customer’s needs either on site or at NanoTemper’s offices
- Planning and overseeing workshops and meetings to help generate awareness about NanoTemper products
- Generating revenue from consumables, application services and getting referrals for others who might be interested in NanoTemper products
- Representing NanoTemper at conference exhibits and sales events
- Developing solid customer relationships
- Leading and supporting process improvement initiatives
- Occasionally lift heavy items for demo purposes
- Up to 50% of overnight travel for customer visits, conferences and team sales meetings
We are looking for someone who
- Just graduated from graduate school and is looking for a career change or a current user of NanoTemper products
- Is well-organized and can juggle multiple projects with ease
- Has an effective written and verbal communication style
- Loves working on a team but is also able to work independently
- Is willing to travel across the US when another team member needs support
- Likes to give constructive feedback because that’s the only way we all improve
- Can easily adapt to changing situations and excited by trying new things
- Can juggle multiple projects with ease
- Is comfortable with using Salesforce to communicate what is going on with their prospects and customers
- PhD in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology or related field
Send your resume in German or English to
Date Posted: 2021.01.27