Technical Sales Specialist
Join our team!
At NanoTemper, we have a big mission — to enable researchers to do the best science of their lives. We’ve been around since 2008, developing, producing and selling cutting-edge instruments for protein analysis. Biotech and pharmaceutical companies like Boehringer Ingelheim, Novartis, Sanofi, GSK and Roche as well as leading research institutions around the world are our biggest fans.
Technical Sales Specialist – Southeast
Do you consider yourself a scientist at heart, but also love the challenge of sales? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and figuring out how they can help to accelerate a scientist’s research? Do you love the challenge of tackling a new territory with a strategy that you put together yourself?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to all these questions, you’d really enjoy working on the Sales Team at NanoTemper Technologies.
As part of the Sales Team, you will play an important role in educating scientists and driving interest for our products in your territory. You’ll work with an experiences sales specialist and be partnered with an Applications Specialist and as a team, you’ll coordinate efforts in managing the prospects and customers. You’ll also get a chance to inspire your teammates by sharing your knowledge and expertise and be inspired by your colleague’s success stories.
Your responsibilities include
- Expanding your business by generating new leads and adding accounts in your territory
- Developing and executing your plan for the territory that will help you meet or exceed your annual goals
- Documenting, tracking and managing your pipeline via Salesforce.com
- Giving product/scientific presentations to elicit interest in NanoTemper’s products
- Representing NanoTemper at conference exhibits and sales events
- Using social selling skills to find new prospects
- Occasionally lift heavy items for demo purposes
- Up to 50% of overnight travel for conferences and team sales meetings
We are looking for someone who
- Would love and is willing to learn how to sell capital equipment in the Life Science industry
- Has an effective written and verbal communication style
- Is great at networking and using creative ways to meet people in professional setting
- Loves working on a team but is also able to work independently
- Likes to give constructive feedback because that’s the only way we all improve
- Can easily adapt to changing situations and excited by trying new things
- Can juggle multiple projects with ease
- Is comfortable with using Salesforce to communicate what is going on in their territory
- Masters or PhD in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, or a related field
Send your resume in German or English to
Date Posted: 2021.01.27