Ph.D. in biophysics as part of the NeuroTrans Project –
a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network (m/f/d)
Join our team!
At NanoTemper Technologies, we have a big mission — to enable researchers to do the best science of their lives. Since 2008, we’ve been developing, producing and selling cutting-edge instruments for drug discovery. With headquarters in Munich, 10 subsidiaries and 150 employees all around the world, we are known for our local and personalized customer-centric approach. We’ve also won numerous company and product awards, namely “Innovator of the Year” for the Top 100 companies in Germany in 2017 and 2018 as well as “Top-Employer 2020”.
Ph.D. in biophysics as part of the NeuroTrans Project – a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network (m/f/d) – Munich
Science can only advance as much as enabling technologies allow for. NanoTemper is at the forefront of instrumentation development through its advanced technology that combines optical measurement technologies with the generation of microscopic temperature fields using IR-lasers. Using these microscopic temperature manipulations the goal is to measure local thermodynamic parameters of protein-ligand interactions. Within this project, novel experimental approaches will be combined with instrument and software development to measure protein-ligand interactions in more challenging and biologically relevant environments.
- Determine transporter-ligand interaction parameters for ligands of GAT1, DAT, and LeuT using currently available technologies
- Develop novel approaches and instrumentation to measure transporter-ligand interactions (for in vitro and in vivo cell-based assays)
- Develop software for measurement control, data acquisition and analysis
- Work flexibly and creatively on challenging problems in a dynamic environment
- Master’s degree in biophysics, bioinformatics, biochemistry, molecular biology, computer science, physics, or related fields
- Hands-on experience in measuring protein-ligand interactions and experience with spectroscopic methods
- Keen interest in optical method/instrument development including data analysis/software development
- Meeting the hiring criteria outlined on the NeuroTrans webpage www.neurotrans.org like not having lived in Germany in the last three years
- Receive a Ph.D. from the Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich ranked 32 in World University Rankings by Times Higher Education
- Opportunities to have influence and ability to take ownership of your own work
- Investment in personal development and emphasis on learning new skills
- Great office location in Munich with a mountain view close to the Isar river
NeuroTrans is an MSCA grant of EU’s H2020 programme. It will establish an international training program by forming a highly interdisciplinary team of world-leading European researchers from 9 universities and 5 industry partners.
The vision of the NeuroTrans project is:
- to reach an comprehensive understanding of neurotransmitter : sodium symporter (NSS) function reaching from the molecular level to human pathologies,
- to investigate how psychoactive substances target these transporters,
- to elucidate how disruption of transporter function contributes to neuropsychiatric disease pathobiology.
Please find more information about the NanoTemper project here.
Apply until 05.10.2020 by following the application process at www.neurotrans.org
Date Posted: 2020.09.15